Friday, July 27, 2007

So, I went to Chicago.

My family and I have been visiting Chicago every summer since I was 14. Being the city-nut that I am, obsessed with anything urban, and seeing as how my parents have lived most of their lives in small town in NW Iowa, it's always a big deal for us.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

^That right there is the atrium of Marshall Fields---the second largest department store in the world. Saldy it not longer goes by the Marshall Fields name; the chain was bought by Federated Department Stores who changed it to a Macy's. I was pissed...and so was everyone in Chicago. Hopefully they come to their senses and change it back. Marshall Fields is a Chicago icon.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

^I love this shot. I mean, it a pretty common view, and if you google searched "Chicago Skyline" you'd probably find dozens just like it....but whatever. It's purty.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

^outside of Marshall Fields (or Macy's [ewwww]) last winter.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

^I like this picture, too. It was taken somewhere in southern portion of the Gold Coast neighborhood.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

^view from our hotel.

Speaking of our hotel (the Ritz Carlton at Water Tower Place), Oprah used to live in the residential portion above---and speaking of Oprah, I totally saw Stedman getting some photos developed!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

^Looks New York'ish.

No comments: